Tips on Hiring a Roofing ContractorLeave a Comment
Are you getting a new roof? If the answer is yes, then you have landed on the right page. With over 125 years working in the roofing industry, we consider ourselves masters in roofing. We can help point you in the right direction as you determine your roofing needs. Here are five things to consider when hiring a roofing contractor:
- The contractor’s experience and expertise. You certainly don’t want your new roof to fail shortly after it’s installed. Make sure your contractor regularly performs this type of work, the workforce is properly trained, and they have extensive experience in this industry.
- The quality of the roof. Ask around for contractor references and ensure you are putting the highest quality roof above you. This new roof should be a long-term solution, with a design and materials that will withstand the test of time.
- The contractor’s licenses. Ask the contractors for proper licenses and bonds before you hire them.
- The contractor’s insurance. Inquire about their certificate of insurance and thoroughly review the coverage and effective dates. Be sure you are protected.
- Maintenance. Determine that the contractor has a dedicated maintenance division that provides periodic maintenance inspections and emergency repairs, as needed.
In addition to these tips, the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) also provides recommendations on their website, such as securing written proposals and warranties. One of the main guidelines to follow when choosing a roofing contractor is to ensure that the roof will be safe and long-lasting. As roofing contractors, we know the importance of a good roof. Feel free to visit our website for further information!